Contact with my child

After divorce or separation, you may be in a situation where you’re not seeing your child, or you might be having difficulties in making arrangements with your ex-partner over access/contact arrangements.

Situations where a parent is having no contact at all with their child or children are some of the most difficult to resolve.

If you’re the parent not seeing your child, it’s really important that you take expert legal advice as soon as possible. The longer this goes on, the harder it can be to reinstate your relationship.

You may be a parent who is considering stopping all access between your child and their other parent. This can be an extremely difficult decision to make. Again, it is vital that you seek expert legal advice.

Another scenario could be that you are seeing your children but are struggling to make the arrangements with the other parent. We can advise you on how best to try and resolve these problems.

You may also be unsure what your legal and parental rights are and how to go about organising arrangements for your child. We can offer expert advice to help you reach a solution that is best for the child and for you as a family.

Often, but not always, it can be the father who is struggling to have contact with his child. However, we are on hand to advise both parents and to work towards a sensible resolution.